Fable: A Tale of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site dedicated to the Fable video game franchise!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bird Watching (Closed with ComicallyMacabre)

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Aludra

Aludra
Guild Initiate
Guild Initiate

First topic message reminder :

Though the scientist would never admit it to anyone who would ask, temper tantrums were the main cause of broken objects in Jarrod's lab. Of course there were experiments that went awry, but those were few and far between. Mostly, when he didn't get the results he desired from an experiment, and was already steamed due to the work put in, Jarrod would spiral into a rage and break his equipment. No matter how much he regretted it after, he did have the funds to replace anything he broke.

There was a pretty vast market in Bowerstone that he was a regular at. He'd buy everything from herbs and chemicals, to glass ware and new lab clothing. Tonight the goal was replacement flasks for his chemicals. While he was there, he often scoped the crowd out, simply observing everyone that surrounded him; every once in a while, he'd find someone he considered to be exactly his type and he would make a move on them. This evening, he hadn't had much luck with a partner..

At least until he spotted an unfamiliar face at the end of the market. The woman certainly had physical appeal, and Jarrod could feel himself smirk devilishly. He needed to meet her, he decided as he moved through the crowd with his purchased goods.

Macabrellian

Macabrellian
Admin
Admin

"Hm? Oh! Yes, of course," the woman said absently, accepting the still-hot cup of tea from her host as she continued to read on. Even still, as her eye remained fixed upon the pages of Godwin's journal, her heeled feet moved to follow the man, book in one hand, tea in another. It wasn't hard to tell that the woman had plenty of experience with this particular balancing act.

"How is it that you came by this journal, Jarrod?" She found herself asking after several moments, sparing a glance in his direction. "That is to say, Mary Godwin's journal has been considered lost for nearly fifty years! As a man of science, you surely must know the historical significance behind this particular piece, yes?" Well, if it was genuine, at least; but she had no reason thus far to believe it wasn't beyond the sheer ludicrousness of such an item.

It was then she seemed to remember the cup in her hand and brought it to her lips, lamenting that she couldn't appreciate its smell when the overbearing medicinal scent of Jarrod's salve filled her nose and lungs. She blew gently on the brown liquid before taking a ginger sip. . . And was immediately hit by the telltale flavour of over-steeped tea leaves and an overwhelming sweetness. She pulled a face briefly as she quirked a brow at the cup. Goodness! How much sugar had the man added?

Well, it wasn't a particularly good cuppa, but beggars couldn't be choosers. She would simply have to be grateful.

"I wonder," she went on, "have you considered selling this to the Academy? It's certainly an, er, unsettling read. . ." That was the understatement of the century! "But it would, nonetheless, be a valuable addition to the rare books collection."

Last edited by Macabrellian on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Aludra

Aludra
Guild Initiate
Guild Initiate

There were a number of places to sit in the vast library, one at the center and a few chairs in the corners to enjoy a book where he was instead of traveling to the center again. Due to the fact that there were more seats and more floor space, he was leading her to the sitting area at the center of the room. The tall man didn’t look at her after he was addressed, lest he blow his cover by the impatience attempting to show itself.

“Much bartering and luck, I would say honestly. When I am not here working, I often go to things like auctions and other places where people put things up for sale. Just to see what I can find, you know.” He prattled, making some gestures now and then to seem genuinely interested in answering. “Of course I know the history! I was quite shocked the first time I held it.”

When they had finally reached the set of chairs and small table, he placed the bowl of salve and bandages down and held his hands out for her items.

“I cannot well attend to your burns with things in your grasp.” He forced a chuckle and a smile to hold his hospitable demeanor just a little longer.. However, when she asked if he would sell the book, he couldn’t help the sneer.

“I have nothing against the Academy, but I have looked many years for this journal and I am not about to let it slip through my fingers again..” Jarrod realized he was growling and took a deep breath to return to niceties, smiling once more.

Macabrellian

Macabrellian
Admin
Admin

Her eye snapped upward from the journal then as the man's tone reached her ears, her brows quirking ever-so-slightly. Immediately, she noted the insincere smile straining Jarrod's features, betrayed as it was by his clenched jaw and mirthless eyes. Had she touched upon a nerve? Perhaps. Or perhaps, (and very likely,) he was simply an impatient man. Still, she made a note to file the unusual reaction away in her mind.

"Mm," she hummed over her cuppa, lips tight as she lowered her gaze coolly to the man's expectant and outstretched hand. She was silent a moment before reluctantly closing the tome and placing it in his waiting palm. "Pity."

A moment more, and she had downed the rest of her tea. A faint twitch of a grimace was all the reaction she gave at its cloying flavour before setting aside her cup, and though the liquid was quite hot still, it wasn't scalding. Indeed, after her little adventure, it seemed practically  lukewarm in comparison; better to drink it now than let it go cold while she was being treated, at any rate.

"So, ehm," she coughed. "Should I just sit here then, or. . ?"

Aludra

Aludra
Guild Initiate
Guild Initiate

The worst part about himself, as if there were any bad parts, was his inability to contain his emotions when they boiled just beneath the surface. Impatience was the most prevalent at the time. Luckily, he was holding the medicine for Lyra's burns, which kept his fingers from fiddling with each other. However, the tell-tale flutter of muscles beneath his eye causing it to twitch was beginning. This woman did not know how to keep her nose in her own business.

A certain calm washed over him when the journal was back in his hand, regardless of her having touched it. "I suppose..." He murmured quietly, slipping the tome back in its proper place. Things could progress better now.

Creeper Language:
Taking a quiet breath to regain his composure, he took the empty cup and saucer from her hands, and smiled once more.

"Indeed, we shall be sitting for the next little bit on the sofas behind you." The scientist moved slightly in the direction of the furniture in question, salve and dishes in hand. "If you would like, I can also explain to you the method by which I am going to heal your injuries. It is quite simple and might be of use to you in the future." If he could continue to talk and stay out of his own mind, he could put his impatience on the back burner, which was imperative to the success of his plan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum